ISD1820 Recording Module Voice Board With On Board Mic and Loud Speaker
- Product SKU: KG073
DescriptionThe ISD1820 Recording Module Voice Board is a really easy way to add Voice Recording (and Playback) to your project. The Module can be operated directly by using the 3 Push-Buttons or with every microcontroller (ex. Arduino). The package includes an 8 Ohm 0.5W speaker and cable which can be connected directly to the module's speaker output.
This module uses the ISD1820 voice record and playback IC to record a single voice message of up to 10 seconds in length. The recorded message is stored in its specialized analog flash memory that will keep the message stored even when power is removed. A microphone is implemented directly on the board, and you can connect any 8 Ohm Speaker. Your recordings are saved even without power due to the non-volatile storage on the ISD1820.
The Playback Module Sound Recorder Board use is very easy. It includes an electret microphone to record your message and push buttons to allow for the record, partial playback, or full playback of the message. Header pins allow for an easy interface to a microcontroller and playback can be controlled with just one digital pin.
- This module can directly drive 8 Euro 0.5W small speakers, easy to use 10 seconds voice recording and playback.
- High-quality, natural voice reproduction.
- Can be used as a megaphone module.
- With loop playback, jog playback, single-pass playback.
Buttons control audio recording method of operation
- REC Button: record button, you can press and hold the recording, release the button to stop recording;
- RLAYE Key: trigger mode playback, press will play this whole speech;
- PLAYL Key: jog mode playback, press and hold until playback, release to stop playback;
- RPL Jumper: loop mode control, loop playback;
- FT Jumper: direct control, microphone voice through the speaker can playback;
- The main chip : ISD1820
- Operating Voltage (V) : DC 3 ~ 5
- Loudspeaker : 8 Î©, 0.5W
- Speaker Connecting Cable Length (cm) : 20
- Speaker Diameter (mm): 40
- Length * Width * Height (in mm) : 42 * 38 * 14
- Weight (gm) : 22
Integration with Arduino
- An easy to use 10 seconds of voice recording.
- High-quality, natural voice restored.
- Can be used as a propaganda module.
- With looping, jog playback, single-pass play function.
- Available single-chip control.
- This module can directly drive a small speaker 8 ohms 0.5W.
- Audio recording control mode: the key to control or microcontroller, IO has drawn the line of control.
As advertised, hard to hear it. Must find an amplifier if you need louder performance.
Used as a reminder for a young person to lock door . Door activated from reed switch.
These work great. They are exactly what I wanted. I wish the cord would have been soldered on already but that’s no big deal. I may purchase more for future projects
Connected The power supply up to it ..pressed the Red button ..spoke into the mic ..pressed play .....and found it worked perfectly !! ..with better-than-expected sound , plus there was another play button for Limited play instead of having to listen to the entire recorded (up to 20 seconds) Loop ..Awesome( .... only 1 con: might be louder
Perfect for my project.
The single chip recorders arrived on time. I had used these before, so I had a head-start on setting them up. They can operate on 3.3 to 5 V dc. If you are connecting the output to an amplifier (instead of directly to a speaker) and using the same power supply DO NOT CONNECT THE NEGATIVE SPEAKER OUTPUT WIRE FROM THE RECORDER TO THE AMPLIFIER. If you do an ground loop will likely wipe out your recorder
ONLY RECEIVED 2 OF THE 3. NOT HAPPY.
arrived quickly. good product for the money. use on my train tables for sound effects. works well.
Surprisingly good sound for such a small foot print and price. It was easy to operate the recorder using the attached buttons or with an Arduino nano. Just be careful not to exceed the required voltage.