MQ-2 Smoke LPG Butane Hydrogen Gas Sensor Detector Module
- Product SKU: KG051
Need Volume Discounts? Deals are specially designed for you. Click here
Need Customization? Provide us more details Click here
- Order within
DescriptionThe MQ-2 Gas sensor detector module has a detection range of 300-10000 ppm. The gas sensor modules are always well known for their robust and simple construction and measures toxic gases in very low concentrations. The MQ-2 Smoke LPG Butane Hydrogen Gas Sensor Detector Module is useful for gas leakage detection (home and industry).
Hydrogen Gas Sensor Detector Module is suitable for detecting H2, LPG, CH4, CO, Alcohol, Smoke, or Propane. Due to its high sensitivity and fast response time, measurements can be taken as soon as possible. The sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted by the potentiometer. This MQ-2 gas sensor's higher sensitivity to liquefied petroleum gas, propane, hydrogen, detection of gas, and other combustible vapors are ideal. This sensor can detect a variety of flammable gas, is a low-cost sensor for many applications.
MQ-2 gas sensor is using gas sensitive material is to be clean air in the lower conductivity of stannic Oxide or tin oxide (SnO2). When the sensor when flammable gases are present in the environment in which the conductivity of the sensor with an increasing concentration of combustible gas in the air increases.
- The switching signal having a DO (TTL) output and analog output AO
- TTL output valid signal is low. ( Low-level signal when the output light can be directly connected to the microcontroller or relay module )
- 0 ~ 5V analog output voltage, the higher the concentration the higher the voltage
- Use a simple circuit to convert the changes in conductivity and output signal that corresponds to the concentration of the gas.
|RL||Load Resistance||-||can adjust||-||-|
Following conditions must be avoided
- Water Condensation: Indoor conditions, slight water condensation will affect sensors’ performance lightly. However, if water condensation on sensors surface and keep a certain period, sensor’ sensitivity will be decreased.
- Used in high gas concentration: No matter the sensor is electrified or not if a long time is placed in high gas concentration it will affect the sensor’s characteristics.
- Longtime storage: The sensor’s resistance produces reversible drift if it’s stored for a long time without electrifying, this drift is related to storage conditions. Sensors should be stored in airproof without silicone gel bag with clean air. For the sensors with long time storage but no electrify, they need a long aging time for stability before using.
- Longtime exposed to an adverse environment: No matter the sensors are electrified or not, if exposed to an adverse environment for a long time, such as high humidity, high temperature, or high pollution, etc, it will affect the performance of the sensor badly.
- Vibration: Continual vibration will result in sensors’ down-lead response then rapture. In transportation or assembling lines, a pneumatic screwdriver/ultrasonic welding machine can lead to this vibration.
- Concussion: If sensors meet strong concussion, it may lead its lead wire disconnected.
- Operating Voltage (VDC) : 5
- Analog Output Voltage : 0V to 5V
- Digital Output Voltage : 0V or 5V (TTL Logic)
- Length * Width * Height (mm): 36 x 20 x 21
- Weight (gm) : 7
Integration with Arduino
- The domestic gas leakage detector
- Industrial Combustible gas detector
- Portable gas detector
- Maintaining environment standards in hospitals
- Air quality monitor
- Safety standard maintenance
- Good sensitivity to Combustible gas in a wide range
- High sensitivity to LPG, Propane, and Hydrogen
- Long life and low cost
- Simple drive circuit
- Can be used as a digital or analog sensor
- The Sensitivity of the Digital pin can be varied using the potentiometer
- Can be used to Measure or detect LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO, and even methane
This sensor is working perfectly. But this is a toy. Only suitable for demo. Not suitable for real life gas detection.
Nice product. Works great even after 1 year of buying
Loved it . The best for small projects . Totally worth the price
Good Product. Working fine
Good gas sensitive sensor .can be use indoor use also
Very accurate reading
Nice product for my project. Thank you.
Working as per requirement