SCT-013-000 100A Non-Invasive AC Current Sensor Split Core Type Clamp Meter Sensor
- Product SKU: KG178
The SCT 013 000 100A Non-invasive AC Current Sensor is high-quality and Safe. It is a non-Invasive AC current sensor i.e. it is a current transformer that can be used to measure AC current up to 100 amperes. It is used for current measurement, monitoring, and protection of AC motors, lighting equipment, air compressors, etc.
The Current transformers(CTs) sensors are for measuring alternating current. They are particularly useful for measuring whole building electricity consumption (or generation for that matter). The split-core type such as the SCT-013-000 in the picture is particularly suitable for DIY use. Clip this SCT 013 000 straight onto either the live or neutral wire coming into the building without having to do any high voltage electrical work.
- Core Material : Ferrite
- External Material : ABS
- Input Current : 100A
- Frequency Range : 50Hz to 150KHz
- Opening Size(mm) : 1313
- Dielectric Strength(VAC/1min) : 6000
- Operating Temperature (C) : -25 to 85
- Length × Width × Height(mm) : 57 × 32 × 20
- Weight (gm) : 72
- Suitable for the current measuring.
- Monitoring and protection of AC motor
- Lighting equipment
- Air compressor
- Non-invasive current transformer
- Suitable for lighting equipment, AC motors, air compressors, monitoring, current measurement, and protection
- Meet UL94-V0 flame retardant properties
- Two form of output current, voltage (voltage output built-in the sampling resistor)
- Non-linearity 3%(10%-120% rated input current)
- Output Plug 3.5mm
the magnetic pick up are the two center rings and the third outer ring is a sheild.
I epoxied the sensor to the outside of a large AC motor to passively detect when the motor was running. Super helpful for managing my compressor array.
Provides an easy to sample analog signal when current flows through a wire.
This CT is a little bugger than others I have so it may be a tight squeeze for you. For my use I needed to cut off the plug and found one CT uses an insulated copper “shield” (term used loosely) while the other just had two insulated conductors. This should affect your measurements but something to be aware of n case you have a particularly noisy environment.
Decided to go with a 5amp clamp even though these worked very well right out of the box. Good product. Will use them for something more of a draw than a t.v.
nice cheap clamps. Making buzzing sound when connected. Plastic quality looks ok.