HC-12 Wireless transmission Serial Port Module 433MHz SI4438/4463 receiving and transmitting 1km serial communication
- Product SKU: KG512
Need Volume Discounts? Deals are specially designed for you. Click here
Need Customization? Provide us more details Click here
- Order within
DescriptionThe HC-12 is a wireless serial communication module operating on the 433MHz frequency, commonly used for medium-range wireless data transmission in various applications. It's based on the SI4438 or SI4463 chip and is capable of transmitting and receiving data wirelessly over distances of up to 1 kilometer, under optimal conditions.
Here's an overview and some details about the HC-12 module:Wireless Communication: The HC-12 module is designed to provide wireless serial communication between two devices. One module acts as the transmitter, and the other as the receiver.
Frequency: The module operates in the 433MHz ISM (Industrial, Scientific, and Medical) band. This frequency range is commonly used for various wireless applications and allows for relatively good propagation characteristics.
Range: The module is advertised to have a range of up to 1 kilometer in open spaces. However, the actual range can vary depending on factors like obstacles, interference, and the quality of the antennas used.
Data Rate: The HC-12 supports a range of configurable data rates, typically from 1.2 kbps up to 115.2 kbps. The data rate can be adjusted to balance between data throughput and transmission range.
Serial Communication: The module communicates with the host microcontroller (such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.) using UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter) serial communication. This means you can use it to wirelessly extend the serial communication of your device.
Configuration: The HC-12 modules usually feature a set of AT commands that allow you to configure various parameters, such as frequency, data rate, power level, and more.
Power Supply: The module typically operates at 3.2V to 5.5V DC, making it compatible with a variety of power sources.
Antenna: The quality and type of antenna used can significantly affect the range and performance of the module. Some HC-12 modules come with onboard antennas, while others might have connectors for external antennas.
Applications:The HC-12 is commonly used for remote control, telemetry, wireless sensor networks, IoT projects, and any application where wireless communication over relatively long distances is required.
If you need to learn about the in-depth working of this module check this tutorial.
- IEEE 802.15.4g compliant
- Frequency range = 119–1050 MHz
- Receive sensitivity = –126 dBm
- Serial TTL (RX, TX, GND) interface
- Modulation (G)FSK, 4(G)FSK, (G)MSK, OOK
- Max output power +20 dBm
- Low active power consumption 10/13 mA RX, 18 mA TX at +10 dBm
- Ultra low current power-down modes 30 nA shutdown, 50 nA standby
- Data rate = 100 bps to 1 Mbps
- Fast wake and hop times
- Highly configurable packet handler
- TX and RX 64 byte FIFOs
- Auto frequency control (AFC)
- Automatic gain control (AGC)
- Low BOM
- Low battery detector
- FCC Part 90 Mask D, FCC part 15.247, 15,231, 15,249, ARIB T-108, T-96, T-67, RCR STD-30, China regulatory
- ETSI Class-I Operation with SAW
- Model : HC-12
- Communication Interface : UART
- Operating voltage : 3.2 ~ 5.5V
- Transmission power : 20dBm (maximum)
- Reference distance : 1000 meter
- Working frequency band : 433.4 ~ 473.0MHz
- Antenna interface: Spring Antenna/Antenna Socket
- Working Humidity : 10% ~ 90%
- Working temperature : -25℃ ~ +75℃
- L x W x H (mm): 27.5 x 13.5 x 4
- Weight (gm) : 6
- 1 x HC-12 Wireless transmission Serial Port Module 433MHz SI4438/4463 receiving and transmitting 1km serial communication