Ethernet W5100 Shield Network Expansion Board w/ Micro SD Card Slot for Arduino
- Product SKU: KG027
DescriptionThe Arduino Ethernet Shield allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet. It is based on the Wiznet W5100 ethernet chip. The Wiznet W5100 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP. The Ethernet W5100 Shield Network Expansion Board w/ Micro SD Card Slot supports up to four simultaneous socket connections.
This Ethernet library to write sketches use connects to the internet using the shield. The ethernet shield connects to an Arduino board using long wire-wrap headers which extend through the shield. This keeps the pin layout intact and allows another shield to be stacked on top. The shield also includes a reset controller, to ensure that the W5100 Ethernet module is properly reset on power-up.
The most recent revision of the board exposes the 1.0 pinout on rev 3 of the Arduino UNO board. This Ethernet Shield connects the UNO R3 board to the internet in mere minutes. The Ethernet Shield has a standard RJ-45 connection, with an integrated line transformer and Power over Ethernet enabled. There is an onboard micro-SD card slot, which can be used to store files for serving over the network. It is compatible with Uno and Mega (using the Ethernet library). The onboard microSD card reader is accessible through the SD Library. When working with this library, SS is on Pin 4. The original revision of the shield contained a full-size SD card slot; this is not supported.
- Ethernet shield with wiznet W5100 ethernet chip
- Supports reading and writing mini SD / TF card
- Direct plug puzzle board, NO soldering needed
- The Ethernet W5100 network expansion module.
- IC Chip: Wiznet W5100
- Connection speed : 10/100Mb
- Operating Voltage (VDC) : 5
- Length * Width * Height in mm : 75 * 54 * 25
- Weight in gm : 78
Integration with Arduino
- Use a web interface to control your Arduino
- Based on the W5100Based on the Wiznet W5100 allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet.
- Stackable Design, can directly be supported by for Arduino official Ethernet Library.
- Supports up to four simultaneous socket connections
- Can be used to store files for serving over the network.
- Compatible with the for Arduino Duemilanove (168 or 328), Uno as well as Mega (1280/2560).
- Can be accessed using the Mini SD TF library.
- The current shield has a Power over Ethernet (PoE) module designed to extract power from a conventional twisted pair Category 5 Ethernet cable.
- IEEE802.3af compliant
- Low output ripple and noise (100mVpp)
- Overload and short-circuit protection
- 1500V isolation (input to output)
- W5100 - Datasheet
- Getting started with - Arduino Ethernet Shield and Ethernet Shield 2
Very useful shield for LAN connections, but I'got one with no mac address. Sd-card slot onboard to keep logs/configs, etc.
Reasonable shipping time; fits properly on my Arduino. Might update when I attempt to turn it on soon.
a must have. Great for controlling all your projects.
Works just fine so far.***WARNING***Make sure that the I/O pins set inside completely. You have to put some pretty firm pressure on it.I was debugging for hours trying to figure out why it wasnt working but it was just because the pins were sitting in all the way....Hope this helps
This shield is compatible with Arduino UNO R3. No additional library files needed. Much cheaper than an original Ethernet shield from Arduino.
LOVE IT. Fast shipping. Complete compatible.
Appears to work as well the original. I have used both the ethernet features (using the original Arduino ethernet library), as well as the micro SD card slot with great success.
I ran some test programs, and they work fine.
great for the price! slow shipping tho.