8x8 LED Dot Matrix Display Module MAX7219
- Product SKU: KG116
Need Volume Discounts? Deals are specially designed for you. Click here
Need Customization? Provide us more details Click here
- Order within
DescriptionThe MAX7219 Dot Led Matrix Module can not only control each point individually but also can be extended without limitation to meet your requirements on LED Sign, Team Logo, and so on. The individual module features 8×8 LEDs, each controlled very precisely by the MAX7219 driver to generate the color pattern you wish. The great advantage of using this is users will have control over all of the 64 LED by just connecting 3 output communication wires to microcontrollers like Arduino etc.
This MCU Control LED Display Module requires only 3 I/O lines for driving the display, making it ideal for your microcontroller projects. Only one external register is used to set the segment current of each LED. Connecting the two modules is also very easy. Only connect the output pins of the previous breakout board to the input pins of the new module, thus with such arrangement, you can connect as many DOT LED Modules to the Arduino as you wish!!!
The MAX7219 Dot Led Matrix Module is a serial input common-cathode driver that interfaces micro-controllers to LED matrices. All common micro-controllers can be connected to this module by using a 4-wire serial interface. Each output can be addressed without refreshing the entire display.
- A single module can drive an 8 * 8 common cathode lattice
- Only one external register is used to set the segment current of each LED
- Module with input and output interfaces supports multiple modules cascade
- MAX7219 is an integrated serial input/output common-cathode display driver
- A convenient four-line serial interface can connect all the general-purpose microprocessors
- Vcc – 5V
- GND – GND
- DIN – Pin 12
- CS – Pin 10
- CLK – Pin 11
- Driver IC: MAX7219
- Input Voltage (V) : 5
- Max. Operating Current (mA) : 320
- LED Color: Red
- Length × Width × Height(mm) : 32 × 32 × 6
- PCB Size ( L x W ) mm : 50 x 32
- Weight (gm) : 21
Integration with Arduino
Below is the hookup for the FC-16 MAX7219 Module:
- Requires only 3 communication wires of MCU
- Cascading multiple Matrix LED Module is very easy
- Size of the display is very compact
- The PCB features M3 holes for mounting.
- 1 x 8x8 LED Dot Matrix Display Module MAX7219
This supports my arduino nano, arduino uno and arduino mega flawlessly. Strong built and a good product to have for my projects and other customizations. It is just like plug and play so, there's no problem or difficulty using it. It is carefully soldered. 5 star from me.
Awesome product delivered before time estimated..
Excellent product, working very well.
The product is awesome perfectly soldered, good intensity of light, they included female to female connectors which is suited for an Arduino nano, but frankly speaking, I'd like a female to male connector as it is more convenient to use the product via a breadboard, anyways we get the connectors for very cheap so no worries, this product is awesome
Worked pretty well and very good packaging
Good one. It has SPI interface, which made the job easier. It took just a few minutes to connect to Raspberry Pi and drive through readily available python library.