MPU6050 Module 3 Axis Gyroscope + Accelerometer GY521
- Product SKU: KG025
DescriptionThe MPU6050 module, also known as the GY521, is a popular sensor module that combines a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer. It is commonly used to measure rotational motion and linear acceleration in various projects and applications.
Key features of the MPU6050 module (GY521) include:6-DOF Sensor: The module integrates a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer, allowing it to measure angular velocity (rotational motion) and linear acceleration along the X, Y, and Z axes.
Digital Output: The MPU6050 communicates with microcontrollers or other devices through digital interfaces like I2C or SPI. This makes it easy to interface with popular development boards like Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
High Precision: The MPU6050 provides high-precision measurements, enabling accurate motion tracking and tilt sensing.
Low Power Consumption: It is designed to consume low power, making it suitable for battery-powered applications.
Gyro and Accelerometer Data Fusion: The module often implements sensor fusion algorithms to combine the data from the gyroscope and accelerometer, providing more accurate and stable orientation information.
Motion Detection and Gesture Recognition: The MPU6050 can be used to detect specific motions or gestures, such as shake, tilt, or freefall. Whether you're building a self-balancing robot, a gesture-controlled drone, or a robotic arm, this module empowers you to create machines that perceive the world around them.
To use the MPU6050 (GY521) module in your project, you need to connect it to a microcontroller or development board through the I2C or SPI interface. Then, you can read the sensor data and process it to obtain information about the device's orientation, angular velocity, and acceleration.
- On-board MPU - 6050 integrated6-axis motion processing chip
- On-board LDO chip, support 5 V / 3.3 V voltage input
- Commonly used pins have been brought out with a standard 2.54mm spacing
- Module support IIC standard communication protocol
- Users can control the program of the accelerator full grid sensor in the range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, and ±16g
- Angular velocity full case sensing range for ±250, ±500, ±1000, and ±2000dps
- Digital Motion Processing™ (DMP™) engine offloads complex MotionFusion, sensor timing synchronization, and gesture detection
- Embedded algorithms for run-time bias and compass calibration. No user intervention required
- On-chip ADC & temperature sensor to measure the MPU-60X0 die temperature
- Length × Width × Height(mm) : 20 × 15 × 5
- Weight (gm) : 3
Integration with Arduino
- 1 x MPU6050 Module 3 Axis Gyroscope + Accelerometer GY521
Works as it should
Good gyro sensor
Great product, will buy again as needed
My son used it on his drone worked fine
I used these at work to design a unit dedicated to the purpose of taking acceleration (in g's) and logging that data to an SD card for plotting in excel. I used an ATmega328p and about 2-4 dozen lines of code to accomplish this. I believe I have my device maxed out speed wise at about 170 measurements per second. However, I believe the atmega is what's holding this back from going faster.Great tool! Look at the libraries, they were what helped me figure this out.
Easy to use and is very cheap compared to most sold on.
Works perfectly. Just wish there were more beginner videos on how to program this. I have never worked with Raw Data.
Great product and price.