Original ARDUINO Ethernet Shield 2
- Product SKU: A000024
Need Volume Discounts? Deals are specially designed for you. Click here
Need Customization? Provide us more details Click here
- Order within
DescriptionThe Arduino Ethernet Shield 2 allows an Arduino Board to connect to the internet. It is based on the Wiznet W5500 Ethernet chip. The Wiznet W5500 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP. It supports up to eight simultaneous socket connections. Use the Ethernet library to write sketches that connect to the Internet using the Shield. The Ethernet Shield 2 connects to an Arduino Board using long wire-wrap headers extending through the Shield. This keeps the pin layout intact and allows another Shield to be stacked on top of it.
The most recent revision of the board exposes the 1.0 pinout on rev 3 of the Arduino UNO Board. The Ethernet Shield 2 has a standard RJ-45 connection, with an integrated line transformer and Power over Ethernet enabled.
The Shield also includes a reset controller, to ensure that the W5500 Ethernet module is properly reset on power-up. Previous revisions of the Shield were not compatible with the Mega and needed to be manually reset after power-up. The current Shield supports a Power over Ethernet (PoE) module designed to extract power from a conventional twisted-pair Category 5 Ethernet cable.
- The Shield provides a standard RJ45 Ethernet jack.
- The reset button on the Shield resets both the W5500 and the Arduino Board.
- The Shield contains a number of information LEDs:
- ON: indicates that the Board and Shield are powered
- 13 is the Arduino standard built in LED
- ACT: flashes when RX or TX activity is present
- LINK: indicates the presence of a network link and flashes when the Shield transmits or receives data
This shield also hosts Tinkerkit compatible connectors as follows:
- 2 TinkerKit connectors for two Analog Inputs (in white), connected to A2 and A3.
- 2 TinkerKit connectors for two Aanlog Outputs (in orange in the middle), connected to PWM outputs on pins D5 and D6.
- 2 TinkerKit connectors for the TWI interface (in white with 4 pins), one for input and the other one for output.
- The Ethernet Shield 2 is, at present time, not compatible with the Arduino Zero Pro Board.
- Arduino Board & PoE module is not included in the package
- Input Voltage Range : 36 ~ 57
- Output Voltage (VDC) : 12
- Main Chip : W5500 with internal 32K buffer
- Connection Speed : 10/100Mb
- Length (mm) : 11
- Width (mm) : 8
- Height (mm) : 5
- Operating voltage 5V (supplied from the Arduino Board)
- Ethernet Controller: W5500 with internal 32K buffer
- Connection speed: 10/100Mb
- Connection with Arduino on SPI port
- 1 x Original ARDUINO Ethernet SHIELD 2